Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Be Nice Day

Valentine's Day is really a huge marketing ploy by corporate America to get you to buy candy, flowers and scratchy lace underwear. I'm not sayin' I don't celebrate, I'm just sayin' that we should be nice to each other EVERY day of the year, not just Valentine's Day!
Larry and I usually create original V-Day cards for each other...something topical. We've been doing this since our first V-Day together...1991. We met in April of 1990 and have been together ever since. Sigh. True Love.
Recently, Larry was lucky enough to visit the new Broad Contemporary Art Museum at the L.A. County Museum of Art. One of our neighbors gave him a pre-opening ticket for a week day. Lucky freelancer that he is, Mr. Larry was able to go while I was slaving away in my office. This resulted in Larry's idea for my V-Day card.....a work of art (Larry), owned by Ellen! I just love it.

The inscription reads: Larry Underhill (b. 1952); Ellen's Larry. 2008. Flesh, blood, glass, plastic, cotton and LOVE. 38 x 68". Collection Ellen Bloom.

My Valentine to Larry usually consists of a photograph from something in our overgrown backyard with a witty little caption. This year's entry is a photo of Larry's 1963 red Dodge.

We're Sinking Deeper and Deeper...

(into our relationship)

However you celebrate the day, BE NICE TO EVERYONE, especially yourself!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 12:45 PM PST, Blogger PiscesCafe said...

Those cards are adorable! You two are so creative, and thoughtful. And nice!!!

Christine G.

(I guess I have to use my google acct now to leave comments...which will show my real first name (Ana). Don't get confused!!)

 
At 2:54 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,

I really like your cards. It's so great that the two of you continue to make cards for each other...have a wonderful celebration.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 2:58 PM PST, Blogger Sally said...

Lovely cards, lovely!

 
At 3:21 PM PST, Blogger Faith said...

You two are just so gosh darn cute!

xo
Faith

 
At 5:15 PM PST, Blogger mary said...

Such cute cards for each other. True love is right! I'm all for joining your campaign for be nice to everybody everyday. Sign me up!

 
At 5:36 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Joe and I make cards for each other too. Just like in grade school. I don't use macaroni anymore it doesn't stand the test of time. Attracts little pests. I found out when cleaning out the garage!

 
At 4:03 PM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

I think Larry really outdid himself with this creative idea. I never would have thought of it!

 
At 9:02 PM PST, Anonymous nyc bride guide said...

Sigh. What a creative valentine :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery