Monday, January 19, 2009

From Downtown to the Beach


I was at both ends of the City on Saturday. I started out early Saturday morning in Chinatown. A few of us met up at the Empress Pavillion for a dim sum breakfast to celebrate Natalie's birthday. I love going to Chinatown....so picturesque!

Joe and Natalie

If you've never experienced a dim sum meal, you really should try it. Ladies come by with metal carts full of goodies like dumplings
filled with pork, chicken, shrimp, there's tofu porridge, potstickers, spring rolls, duck's feet, sesame desserts, mango pudding and many more delicacies.

Yarn makes Natalie REALLLLLLY happy!

You just choose the dishes you want to eat forever and ever. Eventually, you are full. Everything looks so yummy...and...it is! Breakfast was divine...the company was lively...and Natalie receiv
ed many wonderful well-deserved gifties! Thanks for the party, Joe!

Natalie's Fan Club

After breakfast, I zoomed home to pick up my crochet tools and then headed out to Santa Monica to participate in the Hyperbolic Crochet workshop where we learned how to crochet with plastic bags.

Hyperbolic Crocheted Coral Reef

There was a huge turnout...at least 60 people showed up .

Ana Petrova

I met up with Joan, Ana and Holly. After a few instructions, some of us helped others and we proceded to work. My fellow WeHo SnBr, Laurie Ann was there and related some of her afternoon teaching newcomers how to crochet on her blog.
The workshop was just OK. I really didn't learn anything new, but it's always fun getting together with other crocheters. I must say, the exhibit is amazing. You really should get over to Track 16 Gallery at Bergamot Station and see the Crocheted Coral Reef! The exhibit runs through February 28. Hey! This might be an excellent field trip (along with a mini-Santa Monica yarn crawl) for the Knitster Krewe!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:04 PM PST, Blogger Lori said...

Crocheted reef & yarn stores--I'm game!

 
At 11:37 AM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

You are a social butterfly! Thank you for celebrating with me. It was a great birthday.

 
At 4:24 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The crocheted coral reef looks amazing! thanks for the link, Ellen!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 10:13 AM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

That's my favorite dim sum place. I eat myself ill when I go there. Whatever dietary considerations I usually observe are tossed out the window!

What a great b-day crowd. *Sniff.*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery