Friday, April 24, 2009

Vintage Photo Friday

"Heidi Bird's Favorite Perch"
Larry - 1953, Sherman Oaks, California

OK. Enough of my family photos. This morning I asked Larry to scramble a bit and see if he could scare up any vintage photos from his family album. Bonanza!
Above is a photo of Larry at his family home in the San Fernando Valley area of Sherman Oaks, around 1953. That's probably his Grandma Underhill holding his hand. It appears that he has some sort of scrape or smudge on his forehead. He was a rascal even back then! Heidi, the bird seems extremely comfortable perched on Larry's head.
Granted, I am biased, because I think my darling husband, Larry is the handsomest man alive. However, he was also the most adorable, cutest baby EVER!!!
Santa Monica Beach, 1953
Cowboy Chic, Christmas, Sherman Oaks, 1956

School Photo, 1958

Wait until you see the photos from the mid-1960's of Larry zooming down the sidewalk on his skateboard!!! Boss and bitchin'!

More Vintage Photos here.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 11:38 AM PDT, Blogger Beth said...

Great pictures Ellen!! I have started Vintage Photos on Friday too! I'm still trying to "find myself" in the blog world...;-)

Thank you so much for the Blocking Instructions..Hope to have pictures up soon!!

As a Native Californian (from Newport Beach to Anahiem all in the 60s.) I love hearing about L.A.!!

 
At 12:26 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Aww, it's a Larry fest. What a cutie! Can't wait to see him on his skateboard.

Happy weekend to ya both! (have fun with that closet)

 
At 3:01 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Mr. Larry was a darling baby!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 12:02 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

I love the Larry foto parade!

That rascal is super cute!

 
At 5:45 PM PDT, Anonymous Paper Dolls for Boys said...

Now that is a cute kid. The cowboy outfit is beyond adorable!

 
At 5:25 AM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

The photos are charming. When I read your previous entry on LA knitting groups (I live in Orange County) I was positively floored (my knitting store just closed, so now I am homeless). The one at the Farme's Market looked ideal for me as I love that place. Any other suggestions?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery