Thursday, April 08, 2010

Mini-Me

Baby Juliet's Ensemble

The lovely Denise (Monkeygurl on Ravelry) gave me a ton o' Berroco Comfort yarn in a beautiful golden color. I decided to whip up a baby sweater for a co-worker's brand new little girl. This is a basic top-down raglan cardigan (size 8 needles). Once I joined for the sleeves, I switched to crochet (fan stitch, size "H" crochet hook) to complete the sweater. Of course, I wanted to make a little hat to go with the sweater. I never know how big to make baby hats. I decided, that since this was for a little girl, I'd crochet a flowered headband.
I often wear headbands and scarves in my unruly hair. They are also excellent for covering up my gray roots if I haven't had a chance to get to Blanca's Hair Salon! I made the headband with a tie in the back, so it would be adjustable. For the photograph, I found a little postiche I had hiding in my make-up kit and positioned it so it would look like bangs on my little mannequin. She is Mini-Me!
Thanks for the yarn, Denise!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 2:53 PM PDT, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

So adorable! And yes, very you.

 
At 3:23 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Too funny- and really sweet. Lucky baby!

 
At 3:27 PM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Nice!

 
At 5:05 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Wow. That came out really, really cute. A little disturbing on some level, but still very cute!

 
At 7:19 PM PDT, Blogger Kellie said...

Oh my goodness. What a wonderful gift. I really love the non-traditional baby colors.

 
At 6:17 AM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

This is the sweetest little set, and I love the color you chose (of course). Mini you indeed, lol!

 
At 8:38 AM PDT, Blogger ChelleC said...

This sweater set is DARLING. Oh my gosh, you are a true fiber artist extraordinaire. I love the sweater you designed - I don't suppose you'd want to write it up and offer it on Ravelry would you? And that DARLING headband to match. Hey I need one of those to cover my gray roots too!

But that baby is so very lucky. Darling.

 
At 11:04 AM PDT, Blogger Lori said...

You are sooo funny, Ellen. Beautiful work!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery