Monday, July 12, 2010

Merry Karnowsky Gallery

On Friday Larry and I attended a press-only art opening at the Merry Karnowsky Gallery on La Brea. The show is called "ALTERNATIVE PRESS MAGAZINE, 25TH ANNIVERSARY ART SHOW." Most of the art was from the Cleveland-based magazine, created by musicians. There was also lots of ephemera surrounding the magazine like show posters, hand-bills, matchbook covers and more. The gallery was packed with interesting people.

Merry Karnowsky Gallery, street

Greeting us, in front of the gallery was this strange cat-like creature....just sitting there. At first I thought it was a homeless person, but then realized he/she was part of the performance.

Once I've seen all of the artwork at a show, then I start looking at the people, how they're dressed and the handbags that they are carrying.
Ellen's Owl Box Bag and Liz McGrath's Leather Owl Handbag
The Clock Purse
Sparkly Red Tuck 'n Roll Car Upholstery Handbag
Needless to say, it was an interesting crowd!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:20 PM PDT, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

One of my coworkers - from Cleveland went to this party. This was all she could talk about for about the past week. She left work early to go get waxed and polished etc. Did not hear a word about it today....looks like an interesting crowd.

 
At 1:28 AM PDT, Blogger Kristi Smart Romantic Fantasy Coats and Clothing. said...

I just saw the coolest ever owl handbag at El Cid. I went home and did a search for metallic owl purse and guess where I am led to? Ellen's blog! I find another really cute felt owl purse in google images, click on that and guess where that leads to. Yep. Ellen's blog.
We have very similar taste in owls.

Xo. Kristi Smart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery