Thursday, September 30, 2010

Haute Couture


It's finally happened. Granny Squares are once again fashionable! My good friend (granny square enthusiast), Mary Jo sent me this link today.
YES!
The granny square is back in a big way. Granted the granny hexagons in these lovely scarves are made from fine merino wool. The amount of labor put into these scarves (changing colors and weaving in all those ends), actually makes $88 sound like a reasonable price. Look for lots of crochet work in fall fashion collections this year.
Check your sock yarn stash to create one of these beautiful scarves!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1:12 PM PDT, Blogger Sara said...

ooh, very pretty! Must check my stash!

 
At 2:02 PM PDT, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

Love these!

 
At 10:10 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

I was just queuing up some patterns like that, the end weaving would be worth it. (see what you did to me?)

 
At 10:53 PM PDT, Blogger blandina said...

These are so nice. My yougest daughter (17) asked me to teach her how to crochet!

 
At 8:55 AM PDT, Blogger Susan Dilger said...

GORGEOUS!!!! My heart's going pitter patter! I got a similar scarf a few years ago in LA and paid $250, so $88 IS INDEED reasonable!

 
At 4:06 PM PDT, Blogger LINDA said...

I just ordered the one on the right with the plums and blues. I'll let you know how I like it when it comes...can't wait!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery