Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Givin' and Gettin'

BarbaraB Fabric1
I've been scurrying around like a mad little elf trying to get everything ready to mail and give to my friends and family for the holidays. My dear cousin, Barbara sent me a totally unexpected gifty the other day. Barbara lives in New York and passes by one of my fave shops on a daily basis, Purl SoHo. She spied this fabric and sent me a few yards. Glasses for me and Cameras for Larry! I love them both. I'm thinking a few throw pillows for the couch would be perfect!!! Thanks, Barbara!

My sister-in-law, Ginny loves purple. For her b-day I sent her an Oilcloth International tote bag in a purple print. She LOVED it and asked if I could find her the same print in just plain oilcloth for her table. Easy. I zoomed over to Wacko last week and picked up a few yards. To go along with the oilcloth, I crocheted some pretty little cotton coasters. I hope she likes them.

Sunshine Coasters

I just couldn't think of anything clever to give my brother, Ken, so I went over to the Country General Store in Van Nuys and bought him a serviceable Levi denim shirt. I know he'll wear it. I also crocheted him a litttle ditty bag for his various accoutrements he carries with his stringed instruments. I crocheted a guitar pick case out of the same yarn for him a few years back. Now, he has a matching set. I see more little bags in his future!

Doo Wah Ditty Bag

So, have you finished crafting or buying your holiday gifts?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:51 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays, and I hope you, Larry, and your knitting buds are safe from the storms in L.A.

 
At 1:54 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the kind words, Marianne. Larry and I are safe on our gentle incline in Wilshire Vista. Some of my friends live in the canyons and they're stressing, for sure. Happy Holidays to you!

 
At 10:31 AM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Fab fabric and lovely accessories. Awesome gifts all the way around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery