Thursday, December 08, 2011

F.O.'s *

*F.O.'s are Finished Objects. I have two to share.
Cowls are very popular this season. A cowl is really just a scarf, joined into a loop. Sometimes they're long and can be wrapped around your neck 2 or 3 times. Sometimes you can cover your head with part of the loop and wrap the rest of it around your neck. Sometimes cowls are short, kind of like a turtleneck without the sweater attached. I like cowls. There's less opportunity to lose one like you might a scarf. You can use any combination of stitch patterns. They are fast and easy projects.


I turned this pile of gorgeous Koigu yarn into the Celadon Lacy Cowl for you-know-who. I only used 1-1/4 skeins of yarn.


Details: Koigu KPPM, 1-1/4 skeins, size G crochet hook. I improvised the beginning of the cowl. the last 6 rows are the edging to Doris Chan's "All Shawl." When looped once around the neck, the cowl is about 28-1/2 inches long. It can easily be wrapped twice around the neck. I hope she likes it!!


My next, super long cowl is made from some very nice yarn that Beth gave me. It's "Amazing" from Lion Brand in the colorway called "Regatta."



I used two skeins, size "I" crochet hook and a stitch pattern that I found in one of my Japanese crochet books. I haven't blocked it yet, but I do like the fluffy nature of this piece. This can be wrapped at least 2 or 3 times around your neck. It measures 3 feet long when hanging around my neck. I definitely have someone in mind for this gift!

Have you finished knitting and/or crocheting your holiday gifties yet?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:00 PM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Nice! Like them both. That Koigu is such an interesting range of colors...I guess it deserves its reputation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery