Friday, June 14, 2013

Vintage Photo Friday

Vintage Crochet Patterns

I've been participating in the Annual Dishcloth Swap on Ravelry for a few years.  I always thought that cotton dishcloths were icky...just a lump of wet cotton sitting in the bottom of the sink.  Au contraire!  100% cotton dishcloths are FANTASTIC!  They are excellent for scrubbing stubborn dirt.  You can use them for spa cloths on your skin.  They can be thrown into the washer and dryer and reused endlessly, making them extremely "green."  From an artistic point of view, each crocheted or knitted dishcloth is like a mini piece of museum textile art.  Participating in this swap has opened my eyes to the beauty of the simple dishcloth.
I own MANY vintage crochet pattern books.  Some of my favorite patterns for dishcloths can be found in these magazines and books.  The popular colors for each decade may change, but the patterns remain the same.
Here are my dishcloths for the 2013 Annual Dishcloth Swap.  I cannot wait to see what I get in return!


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery