Thursday, July 25, 2013

Another Museum

Larry is the Star of My Blog

As my stay-cation is coming to an end, I must say that I've fulfilled all of my museum visiting desires during the past two weeks.  Today, Larry and I visited the Hammer Museum in Westwood Village and the A. Quincy Jones architectural exhibit: "Building for Better Living.   This exhibit is chock full o' architectural drawings and plans.  Most of the buildings were built, some never realized.  The style of the renderings is modern and artful.  I could be very happy having one of these renderings, framed in my dining room!

I love looking at building plans.  My Dad was in the building business, he used to bring plans home from work.  He taught me how to read all of the little symbols.  Some of the plans in this exhibit are really works of art.  That's what was on view in this Jones exhibit, along with a few large-scale photographs of his buildings and homes and one model.  If you're a fan of mid-20th century architecture, this is a great overview of one of the best collaborative architects working in Los Angeles during that period of time.   The show runs through September.
St. Michael's & All Angels Episcopal Church, Coldwater Cyn., Studio City

The Museum gift shop and book store is always entertaining, especially the children's section!
Children's Section of the Hammer Museum Bookstore

The salesperson in the Bookstore had on his amazing sweater.  Naturally, I complimented her and asked if I could photograph the tank top.  It's the same on the front and back.  She bought it in a boutique in Brooklyn!  She told me that there was a woman at the boutique knitting furiously.  This sweater is one of her pieces.  I'll bet we could find this pattern.  Come on knit-sleuths, get your Nancy Drew on!


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery