Monday, July 29, 2013

Saturday Strummin'

Natalie @ The Pluckin' Strummers Meet-up

I've been so busy on the weekends, that I haven't been able to attend a Pluckin' Strummers meeting in MONTHS.  I was happy to find myself free this past Saturday morning, so I zoomed up to Atwater and the Christ Church with my new ukulele!  I recently traded in my Fluke for an Ohana tenor uke with a long neck.  The tone is warm and clear.  Now, I own the uke my brother, Ken made for me...the Super Tiki Uke and this Ohana.  Happy.
My Ukulele Ladies (Brit, Mary Jo and Natalie) usually attend the Pluckin' Strummers.  Alas, Mary Jo and Brit were busy, so Natalie and I represented our group.  It was a smallish turnout this Saturday.  I'm guessing many people were on summer vacation.  
We had a lively time, playing some old tunes and then some older tunes.  My personal fave was learning the chords to the Doors' "Don't You Love Her Madly."  We rocked it!
Toward the end of the meet-up, various members performed for the group.  We have many talented members.
Solo Performance
Duet Performance

After uke group, Natalie and I met up with Brit for lunch at the Village Bakery and Cafe in Atwater.  The baked goods here are legendary.  The girls each had a BLT.  I had the Atwater Special which is grilled polenta cake topped with Parmesan, scrambled eggs, spinach, tomato, and crumbled bacon.It was totally DIVINE!
Atwater Special @ Village Bakery & Cafe
Divine Baked Goods @ Village Bakery & Cafe
It was a perfect afternoon!  Thanks, for my belated b-day lunch, Brit!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery