Friday, February 27, 2015

VPF - Golden Rockets and Space Men

1956 Oldsmobile Golden Rocket; 2014 Atomic Gold Nissan Juke

Yesterday was a big event for me. I purchased a NEW CAR. For the past few years I've been noticing the Nissan Juke. It's a small SUV with a very sporty profile. I like the fact that this car sits up a bit higher than my Toyota Matrix, but is still narrow. Last year I noticed the Juke in the most vibrant gold color. I found out that this color is called "Atomic Gold." The styling of the car, along with this color sold me. It didn't hurt that the name of this car reminds me of my dear, departed radio partner, John "Juke" Logan. Every time I see the car, I think of Juke and smile.

Last Sunday, Larry and I visited Nissan of Downtown and drove the Juke. I loved it! I set everything in motion and brought the car home last night. Woo Hoo! Today, I'm reading the owner's manual and trying to figure out all of the fancy gadgets.

The sun sets in Los Angeles as Ellen learns the ins-and-outs of her new car from salesman, Matt

I posted a photo of my new car on Facebook last night. One of our friends who is a car aficionado and graphic artist, Chris Green, posted a photo of the 1956 Oldsmobile Golden Rocket concept car. Chris said that my new Juke reminded him of this ROCKET! Yeah! 
It's a Great, Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Today is also the day we found out that actor, director, musician, poet, artist Leonard Nimoy passed away at the age of 83. I always feel an afinity to other people of Jewish/Russian/Ukrainian heritage. Larry and I watch old reruns of "Star Trek" on TV all the time. Nimoy as "Spock" is brilliant.The last time we visited the Griffith Park Observatory we settled down in the Leonard Nimoy Event Horizon Theater to listen to Mr. Nimoy narrate a film, "The Once and Future Griffith Observatory," about the renovation and upgrading of the Observatory. He definitely had an eloquent and expressive way of speaking. We shall miss him.  It appears that Mr. Nimoy liked the bullet-rocket forms of his fancy car too!

Leonard Nimoy, as "Spock" with his 1964 Buick Rivera @ DesiLu Studios

Have a wonderful weekend.  "Live long and prosper."

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery