Friday, February 20, 2015

Free Association - Academy Awards, VPF

Grauman's Chinese Theater, 1958

I've been thinking about this Sunday's 2015 Academy Awards Ceremonies in Hollywood. Our City becomes somewhat messy during the weeks leading up to this event. Hollywood Boulevard has been closed to through-traffic for weeks. There are huge gold Oscar statue replicas all over the place. 
Then I thought about the Chinese Theater, where past Oscar ceremonies have taken place. This year's awards take place at the Dolby Theater, just behind the Chinese Theater complex. What would I be doing during the broadcast of the ceremony? Of course, I'd be knitting and/or crocheting. That lead me to think about all of the Hollywood stars who knit. There are so many photographs of stars knitting on movie sets Here are a few of my favorites. I'm sure many of the actors in the audience at the Dolby would rather be knitting!

To tie all of these thoughts together, I thought about the shape of the Chinese Theater and how great it would be to have a HAT shaped like a pagoda, to mimic this famous landmark! I've made a few hats in my day, including this pagoda-style hat for Larry's Mardi Gras outfit one year:
Knit and Crochet Pagoda Mardi Gras Hat

I took my search a step further and found this FANTASTIC pattern from the 1930's! I may just attempt to crochet this stunner during the long, arduous Academy Awards telecast this Sunday.  Won't you join me in this Crochet-A-Long?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery