Thursday, April 16, 2015

Hip Mitts


OK!  We finally got it! With the help of Mr. Larry, using my super-fab iPhone camera, we took this photo of the Lacy Fingerless Gloves that I've been crocheting.  I wanted to get a good angle so that you could see the picot edge on the mitts, along with the additional thumb and bottom crab stitch edging.  Larry's cool white guitar is a great background to make these mitts pop!
The yarn is acrylic, Tessan Ahlens Tempo, sport weight from Holland.  I made some modifications to this pattern:   I started out with a foundation single crochet instead of chaining for the beginning of the glove. The FSC is stretchy! After I finished the body of the glove, I crocheted a row of single crochet around the entire rectangle before forming the glove. I also added a bit of a thumb in single crochet, in the round. I bordered the bottom on the mitt in reverse single crochet and the top of the mitt with a row of picot stitches, so I would know which way was up!


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:52 AM PDT, Blogger ken bloom said...

Good position with the thumb, Ell. It's very Albert King!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery