Monday, August 10, 2015

"Someday is Now"

Bauer Pottery Outlet Store and Warehouse

NOW was yesterday, Sunday, at the edge of Atwater Village and Glendale, Bauer Warehouse Showroom. I was very impressed by the art of Sister Corita Kent at the Pasadena Museum of California Art that I viewed a few weeks ago. I could not get her serigraphs out of my head.  I just love her bright colors, clean lines and use of pop culture, advertising images with her own messages of peace.
"Someday is Now," Corita Kent Exhibit at Pasadena Museum of California Art


I've been noticing the mugs, vases and magnets that the Bauer Company has made, reproducing Kent's artwork for a long time. They are in a special showcase window at the Bauer Warehouse. I usually just pass this window and move into the warehouse for the brighter, colorful pottery. After seeing Kent's retrospective exhibit in Pasadena, I've come to appreciate and internalize her artwork. Nobody needs more coffee mugs, but I needed to have a set of 4 mugs of Kent's artwork.

Larry accompanied me to Atwater Village.  We wound our way over to San Fernando Road, through an industrial back alley until we came to the Bauer Warehouse. The alley is bleak leading up to the Warehouse. Once you get to the entrance, there are colorful garden pots outside. You have arrived. 
To me, this is one of the happiest places in Los Angeles.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery