Friday, January 15, 2016

This is a Thing?

Zasu Pitts in one crazy hat!

Who knew that today is National Hat Day? #nationalhatday. I wish this had been advertised more!  It would be really fun to see everyone in my office sporting big hats instead of hoodies and man-buns!
I don't happen to have a hat with me today. I'm wearing a hoodie. LOL. If I'd been prepared, I would have worn something like this with my casual-Friday jeans!
I tend to like Church Lady hats! They really make a statement!  However, I've been known to knit and/or crochet hats for specific occasions like Christmas, Halloween and Mardi Gras!
Crocheted Farmers Market Tower Holiday Hat
Spider Granny Halloween Cap
Mardi Gras Pagoda Hat
Mardi Gras Crown
Hats were more prevalent before Jack Kennedy tore off his top-hat for his presidential inauguration in 1960 and let his glorious head of hair show. That was the beginning of the end for hats. Instead, hats became part of your "costume" during the 60s and 70s. 
Groovy Sunhat of the 1960s
Hats are making a comeback in this age of global warming. I think it's a cool trend. You don't have to worry about your hair looking good all the time.  
Bring back the Cat Hat!
Have a great weekend and don't forget to wear your hat!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery