Monday, February 22, 2016

QuiltCon 2016


It has been a long time since I've been to a quilt show...maybe 15 years or more. I was delighted and amazed to see the displays at this years QuiltCon in Pasadena. My yarny friend, Suzette and I attended on Saturday. So many of the quilts were very modern. The categories included Minimalism, Triangles, Improvisation as well as modern takes on Piecing, Quilting and Traditionalism. I was REALLY drawn to the Minimalism quilts, especially the ones with an architectural theme. Click on photos to see a larger format.

Architectural Quilts

We saw a few friends, including the lovely Ms. Natalie, aka #sewnatty, at the Sew Modern booth. 

Ms. Natalie is workin' it at the Sew Modern Booth and mini-trailer!
Ellen, Suzette, Natalie inside the Sew Modern Mini-Trailer
There were TWO halls filed with quilts in addition to the hallways and other rooms. It was rather overwhelming. Here are a few more of my favorites. Many of these have inspired me to crochet afghans using similar colors and designs!

This will look perfect in my mid-century modern home in Palm Springs! A girl can dream.
Suzette, examining the "Cat-Nado" quilt
LOVE the textures and block design of this quilt!
I learned the phrase, "Match Stick Quilting" 
"I Can't Breathe" by Chawne Kimber, a quilt about the death of Eric Garner won first prize in improvisational piecing
There was an article in the Los Angeles Times about "message" quilts like the one above.  It was a very inspirational day. More about our field trip tomorrow!


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery