Monday, July 23, 2018

SOME B-Day Highlights

It was a whirlwind week for my stay-cation birthday celebration. It was extremely hot in Los Angeles, so we tried to minimize our time outside and in the car. Movie theaters are an excellent respite!
Larry, pretending to be Mr. Rogers at "Won't You Be My Neighbor" screening. Click on photo to view larger.

On the actual evening of my birthday, Friday, the 20th, Larry, Mom and I had a wonderful dinner at Da Pasquale in Beverly Hills. I just really like this place! The atmosphere is friendly and casual. The staff is welcoming and the food is YUMMY! An added plus, you can park in the easily accessible Beverly Hills lot right next to the restaurant. 
Da Pasquale, Beverly Hills
Ellen and Roz, Beverly Hills
We started out sharing the mozzarella caprese. Larry ordered pasta with shrimp. I order the special risotto with tiny meatballs and mozarella. Mom ordered the vegetarian lasagna. We were all thrilled with our meals! A glass of Pinot on the side and a divine flourless chocolate cake topped with vanilla ice cream - sformatino al cioccolato!
Dinner at Da Pasquale
Birthday Cake at Da Pasquale


There were MANY delicious meals before and after my birthday. Lunch at Sage Bistro in Culver City with Joan. Lunch at The Sycamore Kitchen on La Brea with Amie. Lunch at Carnival Restaurant for Lebanese food in Sherman Oaks with Marilyn and Carolyn. Lunch at Langer's Deli for the BEST pastrami sandwich in the United States with Larry. Another lunch at West Jeff To Go for divine brisket pannini, again with Mr. Larry. Yummy Salvadoran and Mexican food at El Baron in Culver City with Rhoda and more!
Ollo, Malibu
Top: Natalie and Mary Jo. Bottom: Darcy and Ellen

On Sunday my besties treated me for brunch at Ollo in Malibu. Sadly, Brit is still in Florida. We missed her! Darcy, Natalie MaryJo and I had a fab time, laughing, eating and drinking!  We all ordered breakfast-y dishes and beverages.
Eggs with various ingredients. Check out MJ's Tater Tots!
My birthday gifts were off-the-hook! Thanks to Mary Jo for recording my various expressions of delight!

My friends are all so clever and fun! THANK YOU!
I had a great time at ALL events. Thank you to my friends and family for helping me celebrate!  I'm happy to be back at the office chillin' in corporate air-conditioning!


Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery