Tuesday, March 05, 2019

Mardi Gras 2019

Mardi Gras at the Farmers Market, 3rd and Fairfax

There have been Mardi Gras celebrations all over the City this past weekend. Tonight, Fat Tuesday, there is one last party at the Original Farmers Market. Eddie Baytos and the Nervis Bros. are performing right near the Gumbo Pot Restaurant. If it doesn't rain, it should be a fun event!
Mr. Gumbo Ya Ya, Chuck T.

Here at the office, we're more low-key. I'd heard that Whole Foods carried King Cakes, so Larry stopped by there yesterday to see what was available. They had lots of them, 4 different kinds. He picked out a cinnamon King Cake and brought it home. I like to bring some Mardi Gras color to our drab office on Fat Tuesday!
Whole Foods King Cake. Bleah!
This morning, I opened up the King Cake to give Larry a slice. It was SO DRY and STALE! It was like plaster dust! Oh well. I brought it to the office for show, but I stopped by Fred's Bakery on Robertson Boulevard in Beverlywood on my way to work and picked up an Alligator Coffee Cake for the office. I thought the 'gator was appropriate to celebrate Louisiana Mardi Gras in Los Angeles. 
Kevin "Lent is Almost Here" G.

My Jewish King Cake was far superior to the Whole Foods one!
Delicious Alligator Coffee Cake from Fred's Bakery
Bon Ton Roulet, y'all!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery