Monday, November 20, 2006

Tin Can Hat

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Designer, Meghan Fabulous'
Beer Can Bucket Hat on the Runway
Over the weekend I was very busy trying to finish up my holiday gifts. I had to take a break, however and work on something frivolous. Remember when I posted about the beer can hats? Desiger, Meghan Fabulous plopped beer can bucket hats on her models as they galloped down the runway at Fashion Week this past year. Of course, the beer cans appeared to be international and rawther fancy schmancy.
So, I thought, why shouldn't I make a bucket hat using my favorite drink, FRESCA?!? I saved 3 cans, cut them up, punched holes in them and went to work. The edges of the tin are evil. I kept scraping my knuckles while I was crocheting, but the result was worth it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ellen's Fresca Hat

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



I'm now the proud owner of a Fresca Bucket Hat. Too bad I missed the Doo Dah Parade this past weekend. I would have fit right in.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 5:05 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! I'm dyin got make one with PBR cans.

 
At 5:06 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, typo city! That should say "dying to."

 
At 5:22 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Oh, Ellen. That is GORGEOUS!!! The color of the yarn so perfectly sets off the color of the can!!

I was bummed about missing the Doo-Dah -- why do I never hear about it until *after* it happens?! I thought you would have been there fer sure!

 
At 10:24 PM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

Check out the coolness of your hat. I feel refreshed just looking at it.

By the way, happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

 
At 11:31 PM PST, Blogger Abby Hansen said...

Ellen, the hat rocks.

I've got bags of cans (Guiness & Rock Star) in the trunk of my car just waiting for my father to cut and flatten...hey, men have power tools so that they might do things like this for us.

So sorry I missed you guys!
Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 9:41 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't even know they still made fresca!

 
At 10:22 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too funny... good job!

 
At 2:19 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Anonymous!! Yes, they still make Fresca! It comes in different fruit flavors now, but the original is still the most refreshing and thirst-quenching. The one ingredient missing from the NEW Fresca is cyclamate. Not sure what that is, but it certainly was delicious in the old days!

 
At 7:19 PM PST, Blogger Madge said...

Yer topper is refreshing! And very Mad Hatterish, too...perfect for your next tea party.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery