Thursday, February 22, 2007

Yarn-A-Rama-A-Go-Go

Sally Melville's class "First Choices" was great. It was basically a theory class. Here's the description: "We all run the risk of producing garments that look awful. Why? We make a decision in the first 20 minutes of the project that dooms it to failure. Review the decisions; yarn, color, stitch pattern and silhouette. Then discuss basic pattern drafting so you'll be able to make a neckline that flatters, a sleeve of the right lenth and a garment that fits."
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sally Melville
This was an invaluable class. It was a lot of information to take in, but Sally gave us a handout with all of the info and I took copious notes. One of Sally's great solutions if you don't like the color of a sweater: Dye it! She knitted a swatch with leftover yarn in various loud colors (see center swatch). She then dyed the swatches different colors. The result is a marvelous blend of muted colors! Brilliant!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Dye Those Cosby Sweaters!
After a short blog-break, I went back downstairs to the Market Preview for all Stitches registrants. The most fun is waiting in line and seeing what all of the other people are wearing. There are so many knitted and crocheted creations walking around......very inspiring.

No Photos Allowed! Yeah, right. I took some covert digi-cam shots in the Market Place. The amount of yarn is unbelievable...choices, choices, choices. Talk about yarn overload! I met up with some of the bloggers and SnB members from L.A. I hope to have a few drinks and throw some stitches with the SnBr's tomorrow and Saturday.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Diving for Yarn @ Yarn Lady Booth
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Looking for a Book? It's at the Stitches Market Place!
I was actually a good girl. I only bought 3 skeins of Blue Moon "Socks that Rock" yarn, medium weight in a colorway that includes purples and warm browns....gorgeous!
Tomorrow I'll be in an all-day class, starting at 8 am with Judy Ditmore called "Side to Side Jacket." Description: "This wonderful one-piece jacket is a joy to knit and flattering for all figures. Start at the sleeves and knit to the center. With this knitting project you may change your mind at any time. Freedom while knitting is the goal."

Gotta go wind up some new yarn now!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:19 PM PST, Blogger mj said...

I'm so happy you're having such a great time! Of course, I went to the Farmer's Market. Neither rain nor sleet or the other thing. You were missed. I'm glad you snuck some photos. It looks like so much fun. Give my best to Frank!

 
At 9:50 AM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I'd so loose my mind in the marketplace. You have way more self-control than I could muster. I bow to your non-yarn-acquiring prowess.

 
At 9:19 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for stopping at Casa de Fruta. We are still a family business...not a corporation. My grandmother's uncles planted the first orchard on Pacheco Pass in 1908. My father and his brothers farmed the land and in the 50's and 60's started the retail businesses that you recently visited.
Today, there are 6 members(my 2 brothers my sister and mys 2 cousins) of the current generation managing the day to day business. Aside from the service station we pride ourselves on not having any chain/franchise at our location. Thank you for stopping> I'm glad you enjoyed your stop and hope you
will visit us again. Gene Zanger
www.casadefruta.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery