Saturday, March 24, 2007

Kwazy for Koigu

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Well, the Knit From Your Stash vow that I took in January lasted about 2 months. I just couldn't control myself! Black Sheep Knittery (6324 Yucca St., Hollywood) is having a 50% off EVERYTHING sale! The sale goes thru the end of March.
I had breakfast with Audrey this morning at Jinky's on Sunset near La Cienega. I wanted to hear all about her recent trip to Egypt. Thanks Aud and Jeff for bringing us back souveniers! After leaving Jinky's, my car mysteriously headed east on Sunset Blvd. Once I got to Ivar, the car turned left and then right on Yucca. There just happened to be a parking spot right in front of the store! Parking Karma.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I was inside the store for about 10 minutes when my cellphone rang. It was Mary Jo saying that she had dropped her cat at the vet in Hollywood and was headed over to Black Sheep...did I want to meet her there? I think Mary Jo has some sort of homing device planted on me. She must have known that I was already there!!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Mary Jo Reaches for HEAVEN
I could not believe that EVERYTHING was on sale....yarn, books, magazines, tote bags, needles, hooks. I did try to restrain myself. I bought a few skeins of gorgeous Koigu (pictured), one skein of Manos del Uruguay in a colorway that I already have (I needed the extra skein to finish a project). Then, I bought this huge ball of boucle' yarn...larger than my head, called Super Cozy by Feza. It's acrylic, made in Turkey and is extremely colorful. I was rather restrained in my yarn purchases. I won't even tell you how much Mary Jo bought!
Another public service announcement: Yarnaholics! Get Over to Black Sheep Knittery in Hollywood....this is a fantastic sale!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Black Sheep Knittery
6324 Yucca St.
Hollywood
323/464-2253

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 6:15 PM PDT, Blogger Yarnartist said...

Just to show you how much restraint I have - I didn't even leave the house today!
The Koigu looks yummy I looked at that giant ball, too, last time I was there.
Can't wait to see what you come up with.

 
At 9:15 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

I am so doomed. I just dropped a boodle at the Knit Happens sale, and now this...doomed, I tell you, doomed. In the best way possible, of course! *grin*

Thanks for the tip, Miss E. A gal can never ever ever have too much Koigu.

 
At 9:34 PM PDT, Blogger mj said...

I just read the article about your haircut. It looked fantastic today!! I meant to tell you.
It was a great sale. I think we have a mind meld going.

 
At 10:04 PM PDT, Blogger mary said...

You did not just tell me about another yarn sale. Gulp. Must control self. Because self spent too much at the Knit Happens Online sale already. But I do appreciate your public service announcements.

 
At 7:19 AM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

Oh goodness. Another sale?!?!? Thanks for the tip. I may have have to give the boyster my car keys!

 
At 12:55 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man... I'm glad I just read that they're closed today! Egads... I mean, come on, 50% off; I can't afford NOT to buy yarn at that price... (Says the man who spent $1000+ at Stitches!)

 
At 11:06 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank God I live 5 hours away, or I may have gotten in the car and popped over there. I'm a huge sucker for a yarn sale. I can't resist.

 
At 3:58 PM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I was wondering when the knit from your stash thang was going by the wayside...LOL. I love Koigu too!

 
At 9:58 AM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

Well, Madge and I fell off the wagon yesterday, hard. That was no earthquake you felt, just us hitting the sale big time. Koigu of course! I also scored some Rowan Cashsoft, in a color that matched the sweater I was wearing. And rosewood needles! I might need to go back for the ebony ones...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery