Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I Voted!

My polling place was crowded this morning. I had to wait in line for just over an hour. It wasn't too bad though. I spoke with many of my neighbors, I knitted, I took pictures! At least it wasn't raining!
The Cochran Avenue Baptist Church - Mid-City LA

Another nice thing....my company is serving us a free lunch today and tuning all the TVs in the office to CNN.

I didn't get to vote in the Kennedy/Nixon election, but I do remember it. Yeah, I'm old. I haven't seen such fervor over an election since that time. This should be an exciting day. I'm proud to be a part of this historic event.

Check out the "I Voted" flickr group and add your picture!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2:24 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

My vote is in!
SO exciting.

 
At 3:30 PM PST, Blogger WineGrrl said...

Now I know where you live, lol!

 
At 3:37 PM PST, Blogger LizKnits said...

Yeah for you girl... now we just have to watch for the results!

 
At 3:52 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

TWO HOURS at the LAPD, but it passed pretty quickly. I brought knitting, and a few folks expressed their envy, but I (stupidly) was working on my first lace-esque project. Oy. Now it's just a matter of surviving until the results come in. And since the propositions are a major source of irritation, I don't think I'll be okay until *all* the precincts have reported.

OY!!!!!

 
At 4:17 PM PST, Blogger justclaire said...

Greetings from your British Political correspondent right here in Virginia!

Although I obviously couldn't vote, I feel proud to have been part of this historic event too. I went to a rally last night and stood about 30 feet away from the man I hope to see as your next President, giving his final speech. It was AWESOME!

I hope you get the result you want tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery