Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Lotsa Socks!

My Sock Yarn - Fernwood's Socks
Last year, in preparation for the holidays, I knitted tons and tons of wristwarmers. It drove me nuts! Of course, the wristwarmers were well-received, but I really knocked myself out doing all that knitting!
I decided to take it a bit easier on myself this year. I ordered lotsa socks from Fernwood Woolworks in Oregon. You send them your own sock yarn, wound into a cake. A few weeks later, they send you back a beautiful pair of socks to your size specifications. Lynette at Fernwood knits the socks on a 1920's sock machine. The price is reasonable, the socks are beautiful and everyone loves them! This is a win-win situation. I will be supplementing my gift-giving this year with these gorgeous socks! Maybe you're on my list!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 3:18 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

DUDE. How do I sign up to be on your gift list?! I totally want those violet/blue socks on the far left!

 
At 4:05 PM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

What monkeygurrrrl said..... ;)

 
At 8:14 PM PDT, Blogger Ana Petrova said...

Now why didn't I think of that?

 
At 9:17 PM PDT, Blogger mj said...

Bee-yoo-ti-ful!! They turned out simply gorgeous!

 
At 10:24 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Ellen Bloom, you are a genius!

 
At 11:41 AM PDT, Blogger Jenn said...

What a great idea! It sounds win-win all around!

 
At 12:16 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Great idea! With the win-win also that you stash bust. Grrl, you're smart. And your friends are lucky!

 
At 1:31 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had a sock machine! They are so cool.

Christine G.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery