Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Almost!

Shower Enclosure

O.K. It's been eight months since our start of construction. Our new room is ALMOST done! Luckily our home hasn't been disrupted too much during construction. There's a door leading to our addition that we usually keep closed. Sometimes I think of it as the "secret room."
I photographed the new bathroom at night, so the light is rather dim, but you can get an idea of our progress.

Shower, Floor

Sink, Counter


Larry, adding grout near vanity

We decided to use neutral colors for our backgrounds...various shades of gray, black and white. That way, we can change up our accent colors as our mood changes. For our first round of accent colors I was thinking about a light pumpkin color. Of course, I haven't ruled out hot pink, red or sky blue. What accent colors would you use?

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 12:45 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Ellen! It's so exciting to be almost finished! Congratulations!

I really like a bright, hot yellow for your accent color. It would look perfect with all that gray and black tile.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 12:59 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, the blues look spa-like to me. That's my vote!

Christine G.

 
At 1:10 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I'm all about the red and hot pink

 
At 1:23 PM PDT, Blogger Yarnartist said...

I'd use all of 'em!
At once!
Gorgeous!!!

 
At 1:33 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

So so close!

I'd go with either navy or scarlet. Ooh, what fun!

 
At 2:48 PM PDT, Blogger Sara said...

Orange, orange, orange!

I'm nothing if not predictable.

 
At 4:05 PM PDT, Blogger Christy T said...

all of 'em! lol!

 
At 5:10 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Totally do the royal blue. But that's my favorite color. For you, I'd go with the orange (obviously!)

Sigh. So very envious...

 
At 5:21 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for all of your comments!! I will take each one under serious consideration.

I'll probably end up with something orangey for this first go-round though. The best is that I can change my accent colors often without much expense because the neutral background never changes!

 
At 1:56 PM PDT, Blogger betty said...

It's coming along nicely! I also have a gray bathroom -- I find that I usually stick to pink accents for towels and such.

What I'm dying to see are photos of your new closet or closets.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery