Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Red Scarf Progress

I'm finished with one of my Red Scarf Project donations. I knitted it on our recent trip to and from Taos, New Mexico. It's a simple mistake rib pattern, size 10 needles, Lana Grossa Bingo Mouline Yarn.
I've abandoned my previous reversible cable red scarf. I just didn't like how it was turning out. Instead, I'm whipping up a quick crocheted scarf with Berroco Sox in a multi, red, orange, burgundy and brown colorway. I really like how this looks. I might make a few of these in different colors for holiday gifts.
The deadline to turn in your red scarves is December 15th. Scroll down for pattern ideas here. Have you finished your scarf yet?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 12:50 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Your scarves look awesome.

Cool sock yarn.

 
At 1:34 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Love them both! I might do a Mistake Rib next for Red Scarf, yours reminds me how much I like that stitch.

 
At 4:43 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your scarves, Ellen. I want to donate too. Thanks for the link!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 5:25 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I love your mistake rib. I think that's what I wanted to do, so tell me - how did I end up doing a linen stitch? I'm about 10" into it, and I'm still not sure if I like it. Gah.

 
At 8:12 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,
Your Red Scarf Project scarves are beautiful! I have collected a few to send in from our San Juan Capistrano knitters - knowing how kids away at college need that "care package", this is a worthy cause.
By the way, did you know that when you Google "Ellen", your blog comes up BEFORE Ellen Degeneres???
~Ada~

 
At 8:38 AM PDT, Blogger Charity said...

Mistake rib is one of my favourite stitches for knitted scarves - I'm sure the scarves will be much appreciated - nicely done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery