Thursday, October 07, 2010

Estate Sale

Grand Central Hallway @ Patricia Barry's Home

Last Sunday, Larry and I dropped by an estate sale at actress Patricia Barry's home. Apparently, she's down-sizing. She has a large, rambling house on North Beverly Drive in Beverly Hills. Lots of gold furniture and accessories here! There was enough poolside furniture for about 8 backyards. It seems that Ms. Barry likes to re-decorate a lot. I've noticed that people with lots of stuff usually purchase similar styles and colors of the same furniture over and over again.
I didn't buy a thing. Larry bought a few *LPs.

Hand-Painted Murals in Main Hallway
Multiples!I almost purchased this set of dishes, but refrained!
Ms. Barry's Fancy Ballgowns
Early American Style Phone Table
My years of buying items at estate sales are over. I just take photos now, unless there's something I positively cannot live without. We always enjoy going to estate sales in Los Angeles. You never know what you'll discover!
*LPs - For the young-uns, an LP is a Long Playing record. You know, those shiny black vinyl discs that you play on a Record Player to hear music and more.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:14 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Those dishes are delightful! You have more restraint than I. And that telephone table! My next door neighbor had one when I was a kid and I would sit there every time we visited, pretending to talk to important people.

 
At 1:33 PM PDT, Blogger The Blackwood Cottage said...

Good for you getting out of there with your money! I really like the dishes....I would have folded.
machelle

 
At 10:22 PM PDT, Anonymous marcy landres said...

We must have missed you at the estate sale. We saw a bunch of books we liked and some great china...however, we refrained from buying, too. We decided we just have way too much stuff in our back room we have purchased from other estate sales. WE still have not put up the 6 foot "house god" --the old man in the blue silk robe. Want to join us when we have our estate sale?

 
At 11:05 AM PDT, Blogger Lori said...

Way to hold back, Ellen! Lovely photos!

 
At 7:10 PM PDT, Anonymous Cousin jan said...

Was there anything any good?? I am not buying just selling...might buy if it is good. how much gold furniture and what were the prices like?

 
At 8:47 AM PDT, Blogger Glennis said...

I think part of the fun of sales is the "chase" and the hunt, and when you find something, you're compelled to buy it. Like you, I find now I can "capture" something in a photo, I don't need to actually possess it - what a money-saver!

It would be cool to have a couple of those funky little gold side tables, though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery