Thursday, October 14, 2010

Green Granny Cardi

Courtney and the Green Granny - Back

My friend, Carla works in a yarn shop in Houston. Lucky. Last summer she sent me some GORGEOUS Noro Chirimen yarn in a green colorway for my birthday. Green? Carla and I both tend to the rusty, orangey, burgundy tones in yarn selection. Carla wanted me to jump from my comfort zone and try a cool color for a change. I love this yarn! The colors are wonderful together. I also like the cotton, silk and wool blend of the Chirimen. Thanks, Carla.
I thought that a Circle Wrap might look good using this colorful yarn. I was almost finished with the circle jacket, tried it on and decided that the style just wasn't good on me. Ribbet. Frog time.

Circle JacketCourtney

I started crocheting the Granny Cardigan, which is two hexagons, sewn together at the back to create a jacket. I left some room at the neck edge for a knitted collar, then I edged the entire piece with single crochet. Later, I added a border on the sleeves and bottom of the jacket. I've used this border pattern before and I really like how easy it is, but looks fancy!
My co-worker, Courtney, graciously offered to model the jacket for me. She's tall and gorgeous and can really handle this wildly patterned jacket. Me? Not so much. However, I do love the jacket and the boho look of it. I wore it to the fiber art show, Fig Knit-On this past Saturday and it was a hit! After this season though, I may over-dye it a chocolate brown....more in my color comfort zone!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:04 PM PDT, Anonymous Twilight said...

That looks so good on you! And groovy colors. I try to challenge myself too with my color choices.

 
At 11:21 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the colors!

 
At 2:21 PM PDT, Blogger The Blackwood Cottage said...

Awesome, love it now and will in chocolate! Glad its a keeper; I hate frogging!!!
machelle

 
At 1:56 PM PDT, Blogger Simply Me said...

Love it Love it love it! Green is my favorite color and I would love to own this cardigin! It is so nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery