Thursday, November 17, 2011

On the Lighter Side

The Golden Goop Pots

Since this blog is mostly about ME, ME and ME (that's what blogs are, right?), I'll tell you what I've been doing this week. I took off Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from work. Wednesday was dentist day....having all those old silver fillings replaced with spiffy new ivory colored ones! Ack! The novocaine made me feel like a stroke victim!
Today I did some errands around town and then went to the hairdresser. I was in need of a haircut. I haven't dyed my hair brown in over 2 months, so lots of gray hair was showing. Yes, I'm old.


Ready for Take-Off, Captain!

Well, I decided NOT to dye my hair brown. After cutting most of my brown hair off, I still had a bit of the brown on top, so my hairdresser, Alfredo added some golden highlights to the brown and now I have tri-colored hair! It's wild. I'm not used to it yet, but I think I might actually like the gray hair when it grows in completely. I'm going for that Paula Deen look one day....maybe!

Shocking, yes?

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 7:33 PM PST, Blogger susanc said...

Your hair look beautiful Ellen! I love the silver (I consider it silver, not gray!). It looks really pretty with your complexion too. :)

 
At 7:34 PM PST, Blogger susanc said...

Your hair looks... sorry, I can't seem to spell tonight!

 
At 8:06 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

It is a bit shocking. I can't wait to see it in person. This is very exciting.

 
At 10:45 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks, Susan and Natalie. It's taking me some time to get used to it. It should look better in a few months!

 
At 12:38 AM PST, Blogger justclaire said...

Ellen, I think this is going to be a FAB look for you. I love it!

 
At 8:02 AM PST, Blogger Yarnartist said...

Welcome to the 'light' side! It does take some getting used to, but it's another degree of FREEDOM! And more money to spend on yarn!

 
At 3:05 PM PST, Blogger mj said...

All I can say is -- WOW!! You are braver than me...

 
At 12:28 PM PST, Blogger Pooch said...

Beautiful-beautiful! I stopped coloring my hair a few years ago and get so many compliments on the silver/gray. I think you'll enjoy your new look.

After all, nothing brave about it--it's natural!

:)

 
At 5:54 PM PST, Blogger mehitabel said...

Looks fab and I bet it will look even better once it's all natural. No more worrying about "skunk stripes" or light roots--just the freedom to be your own color! Love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery