Friday, December 16, 2011

Office Holiday Party

Vintage Photo FridayThe Barbies, Ken and Midge @ the Office Xmas Party

Today is our office holiday party. We are treated to a lovely luncheon event at the Montage Hotel in Beverly Hills. Yes, I love my job. After lunch we do NOT have to go back to work! Yayyyy! It's a nice chance to see people from other departments, eat some great food and hear some gossip from the past year. Nothing wild. I'm not sure if my younger co-workers stay late at the party and carry on. I'm trying to remember my office parties when I was in my 20's and 30's. Yes, there were many liasons made during those fun times. Heh heh.
My cousin Craig recently gave me some more of our Great Aunt Luba's photos. In the archive was a notebook that Luba's co-workers compiled for her upon her retirement from the Los Angeles City Traffic Engineer's office in 1970. It's a treasure trove of photos from the late 1950's to 1970, including office Christmas parties. Here are a couple from the early 1960's.

L.A. City Traffic Engineer Office Xmas Party, early 1960's
Aunt Luba lived for almost 20 years after retirement. She traveled extensively and regaled her many nieces and nephews with stories of life in the Ukraine, Chicago and Hollywood, along with her travels. She was everyone's favorite Auntie.

Great Aunt Luba's Retirement from the City, 1970

I'm looking forward to our office party today. When is your party? Don't go too crazy! Remember, you have to see everyone on Monday morning! Have a wonderful weekend.

Ellen's Office Holiday Party, 2010

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:33 PM PST, Blogger Z said...

you always share some great pictures.

 
At 8:12 PM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

The downside of working for yourself from a home office? NO OFFICE PARTY!!Some years I get together with other freelancers and we have a faux office party. Still, there's never any of the misbehaviour or gossip you'd hope for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery