Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mardi Gras!

Mardi Gras Prep at Chez Underhill
Oh! Which Hat to Wear?

Woo Hoo! This weekend is the best Mardi Gras celebration this side of the Rockies! The Original Farmers Market is celebrating it's 23rd Mardi Gras all day Saturday and Sunday, with an extra special mini-celebration on Fat Tuesday! Larry and I haven't missed one. In fact, we re-arranged our wedding plans 20 years ago so we could attend! Here's the schedule of events.

Cookin' Like Crazy at The Gumbo Pot
Mardi Gras Paraphenalia for Sale at the F. Market

I probably would NOT go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans (too Frat-crazy for me), but at my home base Farmers Market, we always pass a grand time.


You can dress up or dress down. Some people really go all out with their costumes! Most of the time, I just wear purple, gold and green and plunk a hat on my head and beads around my neck. We always see old friends at the Mardi Gras and meet new friends too!

Hope to see you this weekend!!!
Bon Ton Roulet Hugs from Larry and Ellen

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 2:56 PM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

So, will there be a new hat this year? Always looks like so much fun!

 
At 3:21 PM PST, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

How will you decide which hat to wear??

Have fun and Happy Mardi Gras to you.

 
At 5:50 AM PST, Blogger Jean said...

You're always in the thick of things and the life of the party. You will have so much fun there be sure to post photos of what you decide to adorn yourself with.

 
At 6:34 AM PST, Blogger Gretchen said...

Ellen - Happy Mardi Gras!! I was surprised to read that you have not spent a Mardi Gras in New Orleans. I am very excited this year to be spending my first Mardi Gras as a New Orleanian. For sure there are the drunken frat-boy crowds and the newspaper debutantes - but I think you may find (should y'all decide to visit)that there are amazing and creative DIY costumes and handmade parades. NOLA must have one of the highest artist per capita rates in the country and the artists are out in full force for Carnival. Bon fete, cherie!

 
At 7:47 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

I'll get to N.O. one of these days, Gretchen. We've been to Jazz Fest MANY times! I really miss the Crescent City and want to visit soon!!!
I look forward to seeing your photos from the REAL Mardi Gras! Bon fete, Cherie....tam bien!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery