Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine Noir

Film Noir Counter at Philippe's

Traffic home last night was horrendous! I only have to travel 8 miles from East Santa Monica to Mid-City L.A. Ugh! I forgot that Valentine's Night traffic was bad. My 20-35 minute drive took two hours last night!!!! I didn't get home until 8pm. Next year, I'm taking a vacation day on February 14th.
Luckily, we didn't have reservations anywhere. We'd just planned to exchange original art cards and then have a casual dinner at a Mexican restaurant that we like on Olympic Blvd., just west of Downtown L.A. It's not usually crowded. Well, we didn't get over there until around 8:20. The parking lot was packed.

The Counter at Philippe's

Plan "B" - we zoomed up to Philippe's on Alameda St. for a French dip sandwich. The place had a few people inside, but was fairly quiet.....very romantic in an old-L.A. kinda' way. So, we had delicious sandwiches, drinks and split a baked apple for dessert. It was a very film-noir L.A. Valentine's celebration. We were home by 9:30.

The best part about our Valentine celebrations are our original art cards. Larry has been photographing Millard Sheets mosaic murals for the upcoming L.A. Conservancy tour. So, he incorporated himself into one of the mosaics!

Larry's original "Millard Sheets" Mosaic Valentine
Close-Up of Mosaic Larry

My Valentine to Larry was on a more personal level. Below is a photo of me at Chanukah time, wearing the pins and hat that Larry gifted me with. I added a sparkly pin on the left side with Larry's photo in it!

Larry, you are my most precious jewel!

I hope you all had a marvelous celebration!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:23 PM PST, Blogger subliminalrabbit said...

Traffic was no fun last night! I love the personal Valentines - so sweet!

 
At 9:39 PM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

awwww, sound slike a perfect valentine night. (lov ethe cards--both of them). We also lost steam last night. We decided dinner at home and going out some night when it was less of a hassle sounded more romantic.

 
At 5:12 AM PST, Blogger Evelyn said...

In spite of that awful drive, it looks like you had a perfect <3's day. Great photos!

 
At 8:57 AM PST, Blogger Maven said...

As always, love the pics you post. Love the hat. And my heart melted with your "gem" comment. We all should be so lucky:)

Happy Valentine's Day again! XOXO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery