Friday, July 12, 2013

Vintage Photo Friday

Herald Examiner Collection, 1976.  LA Public Library Photo Archives. Girls jumping rope at elementary school in Riverside, CA, cheering for summer vacation.

Yippee!  This is exactly how I feel today!  I'm on vacation from work for the next two weeks.  I will not have to navigate Los Angeles traffic at rush hour for two whole weeks, unless I choose to!
I'll be visiting many museums in the next two weeks.  I plan to see exhibits at The Autry, Hammer, Skirball, Getty, Annenberg Center for Photography, California Science Center and more.  I may be able to take a mini-side trip to a coastal town other than Santa Monica too.  Not that there's anything wrong with Santa Monica, it's just that I'm there five days a week and it's time for a change of scenery!  Maybe I'll catch a few movies. Maybe I'll practice my ukulele.  Of course I'll knit and crochet.  Maybe I'll just stare at the wall.  The possibilities are endless.  Happy vacation....let's do lunch!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:01 PM PDT, Blogger RossK said...

Two weeks but nothing to do but give us even more great stuff...And Uke too?

Bring it!

.

 
At 4:58 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hahahaha! Thanks, Ross! I'll do my best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery