Friday, July 05, 2013

Vintage Photo Friday

Ack!  I forgot it was Friday!  It's a 4-day weekend for me.  Yesterday's wedding on the 4th of July was wonderful.  I'll report on that next week.
Today, Larry and I went to the movies at The Landmark, Pico and Westwood.  We saw "20 Feet From Stardom."  It was a fascinating movie.  Go see it!  

Picwood Theater (Bowling Alley, next door) 1985

Pico and Westwood was the site of one of my favorite entertainment centers when I was a child.  The Picwood Theater, along with the Picwood Bowling Alley stand right where The Landmark is located today.
1948 Rendering of Picwood Theater, 10872 Pico Blvd., West L.A.,
Corner of Pico and Westwood Blvds., designed by architect, S. Charles Lee

1948.  Features: "The Three Musketeers" and "Rusty Leads the Way"
 1948.  Featuring another film, "Portrait of Jennie"

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery