Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Lincoln Heights Sunday


We drove out to Lincoln Heights on Sunday morning to have breakfast at El Huarachito, not because it's the best breakfast in Lincoln Heights, but because it's close to the St. Vincent De Paul Thrift Shop!  Breakfast was pretty good though.  We each had huevos rancheros with a side of guac.  My freshly squeezed orange juice was fresh, delicious and served in a sizable glass!
Huevos Rancheros

I hadn't been to the St. Vincent De Paul Thrift Shop in decades. I've purchased many treasures from this store in the past.  I was reminded of the shop when we saw it from the Gold Line Metro Train the day before.  

There's LOTS of furniture in this warehouse-sized thrift store.  We were looking for a small end table for the couch in our living room. 


After touring rows and rows of furniture, we finally saw the perfect table.  It's definitely a mid-20th century table, two tiered, oak.  It needs to be stripped and refinished.  We might make it a dark wood color to match the floor, or even stain it a reddish or black tone to complement the rest of our living room.  The price was right and our field trip to Lincoln Heights was delicious and productive!



Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:42 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to Goodwill on Monday and I found a really pretty Talavera bowl to put on my end table and use as a yarn bowl. I also found an oak chair to use in my sewing room. The chair is sturdy but it's pretty beat up, so I'm thinking about spray painting it. I live in a small town in Iowa, and it seems like you have to make about a million trips to the thrift store and walk out empty handed before you finally stumble across what you are looking for.

 
At 9:16 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

It's true, Brenda, that you have to make several trips to the thrift shop before you find something worthwhile. We were lucky on Sunday! So were you!

 
At 8:31 PM PDT, Blogger Krystabell said...

Just ran into this! I love it!!!

This is my family's restaurant! I live in Denver now so this was extra lovely to see!

XOXO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery