Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Holidays


Our neighborhood is decorated.  The stores are bustling.  Traffic is light around town, except near the malls.  People are baking cookies.  Christmas cards are being received in the mail. Larry is trying to piece together an aluminum Christmas tree with a revolving light that he purchased at an estate sale.  We haven't displayed a Christmas tree in our house for decades.  I'm indulging Larry this year.  As soon as the menorah is put away tonight, the eighth night of Chanukah, the aluminum tree comes out.  Oy!


It seems that there are always holiday decorations for sale (cheap) at the estate sales Larry attends.  I asked him to be on the lookout for some sort of red vase or sculpture.  We need a red accent piece in one corner of our living room.  This is what he brought home:

...well, I did ask for a red sculptural item!

A little more holiday cheer for you.... Last week we attended a festive holiday get-together at the Tam O' Shanter Inn in Los Feliz with our friends.  Larry snapped this photo of me and  musician, King Cotton, wearing our 80's style eyeglasses.  With our white hair, I do believe we look like a suburban version of Mr. and Mrs. Claus!  Hahahahaha!
Ethel and Fred Claus
I leave you to today to tend to my own holiday errands with a video I recorded eight (8) years ago, performing "Jingle Bell Rock" on my fab ukulele, built by my brother, Ken.  I sound pretty good here.  My ukulele playing has gotten progressively worse over the years. Time to practice and re-record this video, dressed as Ethel Claus!

2006 Holiday Uke Performance


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:52 AM PST, Blogger janeray1940 said...

I still love your rendition of JBR. Happy holidays, Ellen!

 
At 1:53 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Oh thanks, Marielle, for the ukulele compliment! I really do need to practice. I cannot play JBR quite as well today as I did 8 years ago! It must be the gray hair!

 
At 4:44 PM PST, Blogger Lenora said...

That is exactly the rotating color wheel that my family had decades ago! I wish I still had it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery