Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Crocheted Stole or Scarf

I've finished the crocheted stole (that could possibly be a bulky scarf or a table runner). I'm pleased with the way it turned out. I used the same pattern that I used for Rhoda's Scarf, just added a few more stitches. For the border, I found an interesting combination of stitches in border #19 of "50 Crocheted Afghan Borders" by Jean Leinhauser (www.leisurearts.com). I used Samoa Mercerised Cotton, size "I" crochet hook.
Crocheted Border

Below is my lovely co-worker, Jessica, modeling the completed stole.
I also whipped up some booties for another co-worker's new baby. I really don't have a pattern for these booties. I just crocheted a rectangle, using Red Heart Soft Babyprint yarn. I gathered the end of the triangle and sewed the toe, then joined the back seam. I crocheted a top border and some ties at the ankles.

O.K., O.K., enough procrastination projects. Must get back to top-down green cardi!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 2:42 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen!

The stole is beautiful. Great color. I love how your friend, Jessica is laughing in the photo...she looks so happy.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 3:27 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Ditto Judy. Jessica looks pleased as punch to be receiving such a gorgeous giftie. As well she should!

 
At 5:09 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Ellen! Those booties are just tooooo precious!

Mae
Westwood

 
At 7:20 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The stole is absolutely beautiful! You are one creative person for sure!! Love the booties; what a great idea.

 
At 7:49 AM PDT, Blogger inkberryblue said...

The stole is gorgeous! It seems to drape beautifully and I love the border.

 
At 11:40 AM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

What they said! Your stole is pretty, and the booties adorable.

Yay for procrastination projects!

 
At 10:32 AM PDT, Blogger Urban Memo said...

I don't think I have ever commented on your blog before...

but I deeply admire your ability to create such beautiful things.

 
At 11:11 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

I L*O*V*E it when new people comment on my blog!!!

Thanks to everyone for the compliments and comments!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery