Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Wonky but Workable


I'm on the last leg of knitting wristys for holiday gifts. One of the guys on my list at the office is a guitar player and requested a black pair of wristys with a skeleton image. I've never knit intarsia before. I've crocheted pictures and initials into pieces though. So, my first attempt was to knit a rib for the bottom of the wristy, then switch to crochet for the skeleton image. This didn't work out. The crochet next to the knitted rib was just too cumbersome.

Then, I tried to knit the skelly intarsia style. Oy! I need a class for this one.

My last hope was to try the duplicate stitch. I found this website with great photos. After a few attempts, I finally got the hang of it. Although the left wristy is slightly wonky, I think it's cute...the skelly is kinda' grinning mischieviously. I'm sure the right wristy will be much improved. The right hand is the one that really shows the most when you're playing guitar in front of an audience anyway, right?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:18 PM PST, Blogger mary said...

Rockin' wristys! I love 'em.

 
At 5:26 PM PST, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I think it looks great.

 
At 6:35 PM PST, Blogger Madge said...

Luv. Rockin'. Skully. Wristys.

 
At 7:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are sooooo cool!

 
At 7:02 PM PST, Blogger Kath said...

Looks great! Would be perfect for pirate people like some of my friends. (Hmmmmmm....)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery