Monday, September 08, 2008

Better

Thanks for all of the suggestions to help cure my laryngitis. On Sunday, I dedicated the whole day to getting well. I steamed, I honeyed, I lemoned, I sweated, I did everything I could! By the end of the day I could vocalize a bit. This morning, I was sounding better. I'm still froggy-voiced, but at least I can work.
On Saturday I ventured out of the house to the HomeGirl Cafe for the SnB. It was great seeing a nice, large group of knitters and crocheters, but it was frustrating not to be able to talk. I got lots of knitting done on my Mom's February Lady Sweater. I'm half-way through the first sleeve, on my way to the second....then I'll be done. This sweater will need a good soaking and blocking. I need to make it slightly longer. I do love the yarn and how the gull-lace pattern looks. AND, I'm totally in love with the wooden button! I picked it up a few weeks ago at Michael Levine's.



Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 12:49 PM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

Glad you're doing better!

I can see why you love the button - it's gorgeous and perfect complement to the colors in the yarn!

 
At 1:13 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Yay! Glad you are froggin' your way back to full voice. The sweater looks great. That yarn really knit up nicely.

 
At 2:42 PM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

Glad to hear the voice is making a comeback! I forgot to mention steam too, so I am happy that was also suggested. Occasionally I do what N calls a "steamy", which is closing the bathroom and letting the shower run hot to steam up the room, and just sit in it for a while. It is wasteful of water of course and so I only do it rarely. But it REALLY works, for allergies too, and makes your sinuses feel so much better.

Your mom will love her FLS - and that button is truly perfect.

 
At 3:09 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're doing better. No fun being sick. The sweater is lovely. You've inspired me to try it.

 
At 3:54 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Glad you're on the mend, pookie. *mwah*

That button for your Mom's sweater is made of win.

 
At 7:31 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so wonderful to see you on Saturday, though it was sad to not hear you! I'm happy that you are getting so much better.

The HomeGirl group was lots of fun. And I loved that spinach lemonade.

Christine G.

 
At 10:28 AM PDT, Blogger Jenn said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. The sweater is lovely!

 
At 12:50 AM PDT, Blogger KnittingBlueContent said...

That button is absolutely perfect for the sweater!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery