Wednesday, May 20, 2009

One More Time

Peace? Not So Much.

I've been knitting quite a bit on my "Imagine" pullover. I was almost finished with the charted peace symbol when I decided that I just don't like round forms turned into grid form. Round pegs....square holes? I know that blocking may have helped, but the circular peace symbol just wasn't pleasing me. FROG...rip-it, rip-it, rip-it!
Upside Down Peace? Not So Much.
I cast on yet again and started ribbing at the neckline. I've decided to knit the yoke of the sweater in plain stockinet. THEN, I will crochet a peace symbol and applique it onto the sweater in the same color olive green yarn. Of course, this will happen after blocking. I think that the raised stitches of the peace symbol will look great and still make a subtle statement.
Stay tuned.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 12:45 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you, Ellen. This pattern would probably show up in a very light color yarn like the Knitty.com version better. I think the crocheted applique will look great!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 1:34 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Better to rip than to have a languishing wip. There is more than one way to imagine peace. And I am still loving that yarn.

 
At 4:31 PM PDT, Anonymous Susan said...

Ok, I guess I'm one of those people who really object to wearing words or any kind of message on my clothing. I just can't pull it off. I'm a teacher, but I just can't wear the jumper or outfits with the teacher stuff on them. So, I see why the peace symbol isn't a great fit. I think people know what you're all about by your manner and outlook on life, not by words on garments.

 
At 5:21 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Nooooooo, you ripped it. But I love your plan B, and if you know it would have bugged you, at least you acted on it before you spent any more time working on it. Some day I hope to be mature and do that instead of plugging on, knowing something is not quite making me happy.

 
At 5:39 PM PDT, Blogger betty said...

If the crochet technique does not work, you could always try the duplicate knitting technique -- then you could use a slightly different colored yarn also for a bit more contrast.

 
At 10:18 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, what she said! I was going to also suggest duplicate stitch or (perish the thought) INTARSIA! Who said that?? Not me.

I am sure it will look great!
Debbie

 
At 9:41 AM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Ditto what Gale said; I'd totally trudge through the thing, and if I finished it, stash it somewhere b/c I didn't love it. You are so better adjusted on so many levels.

That having been said, I'm still a little sad it didn't work out. But I'm looking forward to your adaptation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery