Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Sockalicious

I sent off some skeins of sock yarn to Fernwood Woolworks awhile back. A few years ago I had socks made by Fernwood for holiday gifts for my yarny friends. I neglected to have socks made for myself! Now, I have three beautiful pairs of perfect-fitting socks! I love them all. Thank you, Molly D. for gifting me with the Claudia Hand-painted sock yarn. The other two pairs are made from Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn, purchased at the great Black Sheep Knittery sale of 2007.
Leftover Sock Yarn. Perfect for a Scrappy Scarf
I'm on a sock yarn binge lately. I picked up some gorgeous Koigu sock yarn on sale in varying shades of gray. I have 10 skeins of one colorway (with bits of green and rust, along with the grays) and 1 skein of just grays with black and white. I already whipped up a little crocheted scarf with one skein of Koigu (grays, white, pinks, lilac)...it's blocking now.

Notice how 5 of the skeins of Koigu are slightly lighter (top) than the other 5? They are the same dyelot! Hmmm?
Any suggestions as to what I might knit or crochet with 11 skeins of Koigu?

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 3:42 PM PST, Blogger Sarah said...

Such pretty socks!

I think a big afghan is in order for all of that Koigu. I love the gray tones!

 
At 3:42 PM PST, Anonymous Lynette said...

Shawl? Maybe with the darker on the ends and the lighter in the middle? Have you ever knit lace? It is very relaxing. IMHO

 
At 3:45 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Sarah!! There's not enough yarn for a whole afghan!!!

Lynette....I'm overrun with crocheted shawls. A knitted lace one might be a relief. I'll give it some thought. I'll probably be sending a few of these skeins to YOU for socks!!!

 
At 3:53 PM PST, Blogger Heather Hoffman said...

I would do a standard granny square afghan, going in bigger circles until the yarn runs out. It might be a small afghan, but if you use a fairly large hook, like (gasp!) an H, it would be super holey. Then you use it like a slipcover, something you stretch over the couch or bed as opposed to snuggling under like a blanket. I'm actually about to start one right now with my last two skeins of sock yarn - I gave the rest away at our January stash swap.

 
At 4:26 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A pair of socks for me?

 
At 8:13 PM PST, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

First, loved the Fernwood Woolworks socks - hope you bring them (or wear them) to the next SnB. As all that Koigu, how about something for the dining room table?

 
At 8:38 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

The socks are delicious! I love my pair of socks. They keep my tootsies nice and warm. Too bad i wore them before I came to Mammoth.

 
At 4:21 AM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

I haven't had enough coffee to come up with any bright ideas for you but that's a lovely colorway of koigu.

 
At 10:55 AM PST, Anonymous Leslie said...

What about a nice felted purse? Or pillow? Does the yarn go with your home decor at all?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery