Friday, April 09, 2010

Vintage Photo Friday - Yarny

100% Vintage Virgin Acrylic

Last night the West Hollywood Stitch 'n Bitch held their annual Spring Clean Yarn Swap at the Original Farmers Market! Wow! It was a yarn-stravaganza-a-go-go! We had more people there than ever!
I spied this vintage Super Yarn Mart brand baby yarn in light blue (above). This must have come from someone's grandma's stash. I do love how the Super Yarn Mart would put an illustration of their factory yarn machines on their labels. This stuff will survive forever. It's 100% virgin acrylic! For the uninformed, SYM was a yarn and craft store chain in SoCal that specialized in discount yarns from around the world.

Mountains of Excellent Stash Yarn

Vintage Super Yarn Mart Shopping Bag, listing their multiple locations across the Southland

We also celebrated Mary Jo's upcoming birthday last night with a box o' yummy doughnuts from Bob's, right downstairs at the legendary Market! Sticky doughnuts and yarny goodness! What a great combination!
Mary Jo's latest creation

Annika brought Baby Grace and her sister with her.
Mom Annika and Baby Grace
It's the first time we've seen the adorable baby girl in person. Gracie was definitely overwhelmed by all the cooing ladies around her.

Grace with her Auntie

We all managed to get some wonderful yarn. The excess will go to different children's knit and crochet groups around the L.A. area. Thank you, Natalie for organizing our Annual Spring Clean Yarn Swap. It was truly a success!
Darcy, Mary Jo, Lori
Lynne, Molly, Cassandra
Okay, Okay! I've only shown you vintage yarn....not an actual vintage photo! Below, see the famous Dionne Quintuplets, knitting! I think they belong with our WeHo SnB group.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At 3:14 PM PDT, Blogger Neil said...

I wonder if you and I are the only ones who will come here today and know the Dionne Quintuplets.

 
At 3:19 PM PDT, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

No, me too! And Super Yarn Mart.

 
At 3:30 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said...

I got quite a haul last night - more than I came in with! It was a lot of fun.

 
At 3:48 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun night out! Hope you have a great weekend.

 
At 6:27 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

good times
and I didn't bring any home!
So nice.

 
At 8:08 PM PDT, Blogger susanc said...

I remember Super Yarn Mart! Loved that place! Have a great weekend!

 
At 1:58 AM PDT, Blogger Lisa said...

Wow--Super Yarn Mart. I loved that place. Ours was on Lake Avenue in Pasadena.Seeing the vintage SYM bag really took me back!

Thanks for a great vintage Photo Friday!

 
At 6:21 AM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

Natalie didn't take any yarn home! I'm so proud. I hear you got a few skeins. I miss you guys. Sniff!

 
At 1:50 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

NATALIEEEEEEE!!! I tried not to bring any home, I really did. But the blues and greens were calling to me... Well, in with 3 garbage bags full, out with barely a shopping bag's worth - I'd say I was pretty successful.

Sincere apologies to you, who had to carry it!!

 
At 6:41 PM PDT, Blogger Brenda said...

I remember the Dionne quints !! They were a big deal when I was little. I'm canadian, so they were local celebrities.

It's bizarre how they were treated when they were young -- like a circus attraction. People paid admission to see them.

 
At 5:55 PM PDT, Blogger ratmammy said...

I dont' know about being someone's grandma, but I grew upon Super Yarn mart and I ain't that old!! :) sure miss them...... I used to go to the one in Downtown Los angeles, and I think there was one in Anaheim that I went to in the 80's before they disappeared.. I still have the yarns.........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery