Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Thoughtful Gift


This is a belated thank you to my friend, Gale. During her visit a couple of weeks ago she gifted me with a wonderful collection of my favorite things!

All of the goodies were wrapped in a perfect grass and bark box (very tiki). Inside was this gorgeous hank of orange yarn, "Elise" by Ball and Skein. It's 50% silk and 50% merino wool. I immediately started crocheting a Seraphina Shawl with it, but I may frog it and switch to another, lacier project. This yarn has a beautiful drape.
Also enclosed: Clementine Lavender soap, knitter's hand lotion in a handy tin and two sets of the most beautiful buttons!!! I LOVE everything! Thanks so much Gale!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:40 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

That is a very nice giftie. Love the buttons.

 
At 6:07 AM PDT, Anonymous Pat said...

Please, please tell me where the round buttons were purchased.

 
At 2:49 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

You're welcome! I got the buttons at the CT Sheep & Wool festival, from a vendor called Dusty’s Vintage Buttons. They're not online (as far as I can tell) there's a shop in NY that comes up on google but that's not them, they are based in central Massachusetts and they do a lot of shows, like Brimfield & fiber fests. You're reminding me that I never blogged about spending an hour at their booth, mesmerized.

 
At 1:20 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Gorgeous goods, and in just your color!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery