Friday, August 06, 2010

Vintage Photo Friday

168 No. Crescent Dr., Beverly Hills, 1961
Los Angeles Public Library Archives

I love perusing the Los Angeles Public Library photo archives. Since I'm on my high school reunion committee and we're really gearing up for the upcoming reunion (10/31/10), I've been reminded of those times of my youth when Beverly Hills really was a small town. I remember walking home from elementary school, passing all of those homes built in the late 1920's and 30's, new construction in the 60's in downtown BH and more. I came across the photo above on the LAPL archive, the title was Beverly Hills Apartment house, 1961.
Then, I clicked on Google Maps, Street View to see if the building is still in existence. It's there, but with waaaaaaay overgrown plants in front. Please, owners of this beautiful mid-century apartment building, trim the landscaping!!!
168 No. Crescent Drive, Beverly Hills, 2010
Google Maps, Street View

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:59 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

It looks like they have the exact same poolside umbrella, too.

 
At 6:52 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Oh Ellen...those are privacy hedges to keep the mid mods from gawking! lol.

 
At 6:55 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

I think I'll print out the 1961 photo for each of the apartments and stuff it in their mailboxes. I wonder who owns the building? It's quite faboo and in an excellent location, right on the edge of downtown BH shopping district!

 
At 3:57 AM PDT, Anonymous LisaNewton said...

Privacy hedges are one thing, but this looks like privacy gone a muck.

Let's trim those puppies. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery