Thursday, September 13, 2012

Finished Items

"Maria-Josita Shawlette" with Trim

In-between big sweater projects, afghan projects and a multitude of other unfinished knit and crochet projects lurking in tote-bags in my house, I managed to finish three smaller projects in the last few weeks.
I made this teal Seraphina shawlette for Mary Jo's birthday. The yarn was given to me by Mary Jo. It's Araucania Ranco Solid yarn in a fingering weight. It is a delight to work with. After crocheting this shawlette, I decided it needed a startling border color to set off the green. I chose some hot pink for the edge!

"Maria-Josita Shawlette" before adding startling border color

I'm hooked on the Ballband Washcloth. I love the brick design and texture. The one thing I do not like in the original pattern are the raggedy edges, especially after washing. I found this formula for tidy edges. I love it and will use this version of the pattern from now on.

Tidy Edges for Ballband Washcloth
"Bricked" Washcloth

I also finished a log cabin pattern washcloth. Making the log cabin pattern out of cotton is rather difficult. Picking up the cast off edges in stiff cotton is tough compared to using softer and more flexible yarn. This is the reason my cloth is slightly wonky. Oh well, it's colorful and will still work well as a spa cloth!
Both of the cloths were paired with some lilac soap as a gift for Beth's birthday.

"Rothko" Washcloth

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:07 AM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Doesn't look wonky to me! Great gifts.

 
At 2:06 PM PDT, Blogger Mia said...

Beautiful work as always!

 
At 3:01 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks so much, Ladies!!!

 
At 5:26 PM PDT, Blogger Patricia said...

your craft is lovely,Ellen, but what truly makes it exceptional is your eye for color. No everyone has that "gene"!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery