"Maria-Josita Shawlette" with Trim
In-between big sweater projects, afghan projects and a multitude of other unfinished knit and crochet projects lurking in tote-bags in my house, I managed to finish three smaller projects in the last few weeks.
I made this teal Seraphina shawlette for Mary Jo's birthday. The yarn was given to me by Mary Jo. It's Araucania Ranco Solid yarn in a fingering weight. It is a delight to work with. After crocheting this shawlette, I decided it needed a startling border color to set off the green. I chose some hot pink for the edge!
I'm hooked on the Ballband Washcloth. I love the brick design and texture. The one thing I do not like in the original pattern are the raggedy edges, especially after washing. I found this formula for tidy edges. I love it and will use this version of the pattern from now on.
I also finished a log cabin pattern washcloth. Making the log cabin pattern out of cotton is rather difficult. Picking up the cast off edges in stiff cotton is tough compared to using softer and more flexible yarn. This is the reason my cloth is slightly wonky. Oh well, it's colorful and will still work well as a spa cloth!
Both of the cloths were paired with some lilac soap as a gift for Beth's birthday.