Monday, September 24, 2012

Thrift Shops of the High Desert

 Frankhoma Pottery
On Friday, Larry and I drove out to the High Desert for the weekend.  We arrived in Yucca Valley around 12:30 and immediately stopped at some of our favorite thrift shops and antique stores along Highway 62 in Yucca, Joshua Tree and 29 Palms.  We've found many wonderful items over the years out in the desert.  Our house is so packed with "treasures," that now, I usually only photograph the large items that I see.  Sometimes I break down and actually purchase something though.  This trip I bought an interesting beaded handbag and a few small pieces of vintage Corning Ware.  

My New/Old Beaded Purse

 Larry bought some books, vinyl records and a couple of more collectibles.
 
Thrift Shops are where old crocheted blankies go to die

Easter Island Statue....4-1/2 Feet Tall!
We contemplated buying this Danish-Like chair, but passed.
Crocheted Scrubbies

 It was a glorious weekend in the High Desert.  More adventures tomorrow.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:15 PM PDT, Blogger -K- said...

That Danish-like chair is really something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery