Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Beyond Eden 2013


WOW!  What a great show at Barnsdall Park / L.A. Municipal Gallery on Saturday night!  The weekend-long pop-up art show, Beyond Eden was quite a scene.  There were outdoor artists painting on the spot; food trucks; tons of people-watching; great art; d.j.'s and a few friends too.  The artwork was diverse and fascinating.  Greg Escalante, owner of Copro Gallery at Bergamot Station in Santa Monica was honored for his unwavering support of the low-brow art scene.

Artist, Chet Zar with Photographer, Larry Underhill

"Ego Death" by Chet Zar
"We Carry the Past as we Face the Future" by Amanda Marie
"Audrey Hepburn" by Pure Evil (Aerosol on Canvas)
"Lincoln" by Kazu Tsuji
Luckily, the food trucks were across the lawn in the driveway next to Hollyhock House.  Larry and I had a yummy sandwich from the Grilled Cheese Truck.  

It was a perfect, misty, Hollywood sunset from the top of Olive Hill.
There are tons of photos taken by others of the event here.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:14 PM PDT, Blogger Rosie said...

I will finish my comments here on the computer since Ipad or goggle doesn't like me. I found your beautiful pattern for the beanie tied on the side. Saved it and someone on a facebook crochet site found out her mom has breast cancer and wanted to find the pattern. I didn' have your site handy and posted the actual pattern. Then got beat up by the administrator for publishing it and not the link. Of course I didnt have the link at the time, but after posting the pattern I went on a search and found you, then posted the link. I didn't feel I had done anything wrong sharing your pattern with all the info including why you re-created it. Which gave your name and your reason. But was still told I was infrindging on your copy write, if I was I apologize but I love your pattern and was so glad I could give it to the young lady. Thank you for re-creating this pattern.

 
At 2:13 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

No problem, Rosie. I posted the pattern on my blog for free. It's also listed on Ravelry.com. Glad you like the Inauguration Chapeau.

Ellen B.

 
At 9:13 AM PDT, Blogger Rankerz said...

Once in a life, you have traveled across the countries that's the good thing for your mind refreshment Si I decided to first private blog network service for my websites that the good activity and I learned about this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery