Monday, July 13, 2015

The Ladies Who Lunch

Main Channel, Marina del Rey

It was a beautiful first day for my stay-cation.  I completed some errands on the way to Marina del Rey. I was on my way to have lunch with my cousins Amie and Jo.  Amie's birthday was on June 30th and mine is coming up.  We usually take each other out to lunch to celebrate. Our cousin JoEllen joined us today.
I got to the Marina a bit early, so I decided to take a drive around my old stomping grounds. We usually just drive to and from the Del Rey Yacht Club and never make it to other areas in the Marina. I drove down Via Marina toward the breakwater and was amazed at all of the new building going on. I only saw one original apartment complex remaining from the 1960's, and it looked really run-down. I'm sure it's next. There were vacant lots, ready for construction. I was surprised at the height of some of the newer buildings.  Yikes! Every neighborhood in Los Angeles is being overbuilt!


Jo, Amie and I convened on the patio of the Cheesecake Factory. Not a very inspired restaurant choice, but the food was decent. The best part was hanging out with my cousins. We had a lovely afternoon yakking and gazing at the sparkling water and boats bobbing in their slips. Thanks, Goils! 
Cousins, Amie and Ellen

On my way home, I passed by the Fosters Freeze on Washington Blvd., just west of Lincoln. The sign is still there, but the entire building is being revamped.  
Foster's Out, Dunkin' In

I read on the Eater L.A. blog that a Dunkin' Donuts is coming in. Who gets the Fosters Freeze sign?
Former Foster's Freeze on Washington near Lincoln. Photo from Eater L.A. Blog

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery