Monday, June 29, 2015

Put a Fork in it...Done!


I finished my "RozGhan" over the weekend.  This will not be given to my Mom until the holidays, but I wanted to use up some of the blue and green yarn in my stash NOW!

Thank you, Mr. Larry, Afghan Display Model

The pattern I used for each square is called "Willow."  I love this square pattern.  It's fun to do, not repetitive, holds my interest, but is not difficult. I also love crocheting solid color squares. They are fast and require weaving in only two ends...the beginning of the motif and at the end. 

The "Willow" Square

I did crochet a multi-color square for the bottom corner. This pattern looks like a sunburst to me, so I used sun colors for the "signature" square. For this reason, the afghan reminds me of a decorative quilt pattern.

Sunburst with a Chocolate Box Edge

I wanted a simple border, so after I finished the 6-row by 8-row group of squares, I crocheted one row of single crochet around the whole piece. THEN, I crocheted a 3-row Chocolate Box granny pattern around the entire afghan. I think this simple border is quite effective. 

All specs for this afghan are found on my Ravelry page.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:22 AM PDT, Blogger Lenora said...

Love the happy signature square! It turned out great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery