Monday, November 07, 2016

Weaving and Fiber Festival

Left: Sock Yarn from Capistrano Fiber Arts Studio and Right: Skeins bigger than your head from Newton's

I almost didn't go, but at the last minute, I found a few extra hours (thank you fall time change) and zipped down to Torrance for the Weaving and Fiber Festival. This is an annual event with the Southern California Handweavers' Guild held at the Torrance Cultural Arts Center. The Festival showcases products like tools, supplies and books for weaving, spinning and other fiber arts as well as finished hand crafted items, beads, buttons, YARN and more! I've attended this festival at least 5 or 6 times in the past.
The Yarn Truck was there

It seemed a bit quieter this time than in previous years. There weren't as many vendors, but there was a nice selection of goods. I missed the fashion show and big raffle, but saw lots of friends and some beautiful yarn. I didn't snap shots of everyone, but managed to get a few...
Barbara, Jamie and Katie
Andy was spinning in the courtyard
Christopher was "conducting" business at the Knitting Tree booth
Carlean and Mia bought LOTS of gorgeous yarn! (thanks for the chemo caps, Mia!)
LOVE these fuzzy hats!


Since there is already a fiber and yarn festival going on at my house, I held back and only bought a few skeins!

It was a fun afternoon and I look forward to next year's Festival.  It's always the first Sunday in November, so put it on your calendar.
Spinning Tools

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery